Before you hire a Houston DUI lawyer, you should ask a number of questions to determine if he or she is a suitable match for the specific needs of your case.
In order make this determination, consider the following questions to ask a DUI lawyer:
- Have you ever been the recipient of any disciplinary actions by the State bar?
- What happens after a DUI arrest when you handle a case?
- How does the fee structure work? Are there any upfront costs? Will it be a flat-fee or a per hour fee?
- Is there a payment plan available?
- How many years have you been in practice?
- Do you specifically focus on DUI defense representation? If not, how much of your business comes from DUI defense?
- Will you be handling my case or will another attorney meet me in court?
- How many cases do you normally handle per year? Most take on between 40-80 cases per year; anymore might be too many to give each case adequate attention, and any less might mean there’s a problem.
- Do you publish articles in your practice area or give educational seminars?
- Does the lawyer have good communication skills?
- Will the fee agreement be in writing?
- What kind of DUI defenses and strategies will you use in my case?
- Does the lawyer seem to promise too much?
- Where did the attorney go to law school? You can look this up on the ABA website if you’re unsure.
While this is only a preliminary list of questions, it should give you sufficient information so that you can make an informed decision going forward about which Houston DUI lawyer to ask about your case.
Contact a Houston DUI Lawyer
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your Houston DUI case will be handled with professionalism and confidence. Texas DUI laws can impose harsh penalties on those convicted of drunk driving, and the attorney in Houston that you choose to represent you can mean the difference between jail time and getting on with your life. Contact us today to learn more about DUI defenses, what happens after a DUI arrest, what questions to ask a DUI lawyer and what an attorney can do for your case – 713-999-6549
or toll-free at 1-844-301-KAHN