Pearland Car Accident Lawyers
Attorneys Representing Clients Hurt Due to Another Driver’s Negligent ActionsWith over 22 million vehicles registered in the state, Texas is said to be one of the most dangerous places in the nation when it comes to motor vehicle-related fatal accidents. In 2022, at least 12 people were killed on Texas roadways every day, and countless other non-fatal accidents resulted in injuries and property damage. Learn what to do if you were hurt in an accident caused by someone else, and see why working with a car accident lawyer is the right choice for your case. Dial (713) 999-6549 or fill out an online form today to discuss your case with a Pearland car accident lawyer at The Kahn Law Firm, P.C.
Causes of Car Accidents in Pearland, TexasNavigating Pearland’s roadways demands heightened awareness due to various factors contributing to car accidents. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in this area include:
- Bustling Traffic: The city’s rapid growth has led to increased traffic, especially along major routes like FM 518 and Highway 288, causing congestion and increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Distracted Driving: A prevalent issue, distracted driving is often a result of phone use, eating, or multitasking behind the wheel. With the increasing reliance on technology, this factor continues to contribute to accidents.
- Weather Conditions: Pearland experiences unpredictable weather, ranging from sudden downpours to intense heat. These conditions can significantly impact road safety and contribute to accidents, emphasizing the need for drivers to adapt their behavior accordingly.
- Aggressive Driving: As congestion grows, so does aggressive driving behavior. Tailgating, speeding, and reckless maneuvers on roadways, particularly around intersections like Broadway Street and Cullen Boulevard, increase the risk of accidents.
- Intersection Challenges: Certain intersections in Pearland, such as Broadway Street and Cullen Boulevard, pose challenges due to complex traffic patterns. Accidents often occur at these points, requiring drivers to exercise heightened caution.
What Should You Do Immediately After a Car Accident?If you were involved in a car accident, your priority is to check for injuries and get emergency medical help for anyone who may have been seriously hurt. Call 911 and wait for the ambulance to arrive. If the vehicles are on a busy roadway, consider moving the vehicles to a safe spot away from traffic, but be sure to take pictures and video of the scene of the accident before moving the vehicles. Likewise, if it is safe to do so, you will want to gather as much evidence as possible. This is a crucial step that will help you later on. In addition to pictures and videos showing the scene of the accident, the damage to each vehicle, and any other relevant information such as road conditions, skid marks, and the position of each vehicle, you may also want to write down the contact information of any witnesses and obtain a copy of the police report (if an officer is dispatched to the crash site). Last but not least, get the other driver’s contact information and insurance information, and seek legal representation right away.
Do All Car Accidents Have to Be Reported to the Police in Texas?In Texas, drivers involved in an accident that resulted in injuries, death, or property damage over $1000 are required to report the accident to law enforcement. Failure to do so could result in a misdemeanor and payment of fines. In addition, some insurance carriers may require a police report as a part of the claim filing process. When a police officer comes to investigate the accident, they are required to fill out a form called a CR-3 (Peace Officer’s Crash Report). If an officer is not dispatched to the crash site, you may file a report with the Texas Department of Transportation within ten days of the accident date. You will want to file a form called CR-2 crash report and keep a copy for your records. This is an important step as you can document details of the accident, such as how it took place, the exact location, time, and date, the make and model of the vehicles involved, any injuries sustained by either party, and any damages you sustained. The sooner you fill out the form, the more likely it is that you will remember important information about the accident.
Why Is It Important to Get a Medical Evaluation Even if You Don’t Feel Hurt?It happens more often than you may think – you get into a car accident, and you are shaken but don’t feel any pain right away. Because you don’t feel hurt, you end up not going to the doctor, only to experience symptoms such as head and neck pain weeks after the accident. How will you prove that what you are feeling right now is a result of the accident and not a consequence of a separate event? For that reason, it is always a good idea to get a medical evaluation following a car accident, even if you don’t feel like you have been injured. Many injuries, such as whiplash, may take several days or even weeks to manifest any symptoms. By getting a medical exam right away, you can better document the progression of your symptoms and still be able to link your current injury to the accident.
How Will I Get Compensation for a Car Accident That Wasn’t My Fault?If you were hurt or your vehicle was damaged in an accident caused by someone else, your first step to begin the process of receiving compensation is usually filing an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier. This means you will likely need to speak to insurance adjusters and prove your side of the story. Working with a skilled car accident lawyer is highly recommended at this stage. In some cases, the at-fault driver may be underinsured or uninsured, or their insurance carrier is acting in bad faith and refuses to accept your claim. This is when your case may end up in court. You may consult with a car accident attorney to see if initiating a personal injury lawsuit is a feasible option for your case. An attorney can help you pursue fair compensation for a wide range of economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and other income
- Vehicle and property damage
Why Should I Hire a Pearland Car Accident Lawyer for My Case?In an ideal world, a car accident victim would just be able to file an insurance claim and receive a check in the mail just a couple of weeks later. In the real world, things hardly ever work out that way, and for many reasons. First, an insurance company is a for-profit business, and regardless of what they may lead you to believe through their friendly marketing messages, their priority is to make a profit – the well-being of claimants is not their primary focus, and many won’t hesitate to find ways to close out claims as quickly and cheaply as possible. A common tactic they use is to get you to provide a recorded statement and lead you to say things that may later be used as an admission of guilt, which gives them the leverage they need to reduce the amount they will pay you or deny your claim altogether. This is one of many reasons why working with a skilled car accident attorney is the best move for you – your personal injury lawyer from Pearland can take over every aspect of the case on your behalf, so you can simply focus on healing. Some of the many benefits of hiring a car accident lawyer include:
- Legal Expertise: Car accident lawyers possess extensive knowledge of personal injury laws, ensuring your case is handled with expertise and precision.
- Maximized Compensation: With their negotiation skills, attorneys work to maximize your compensation, covering medical expenses, property damage, and other losses.
- Navigating Complexity: Car accident claims can be complex and involve multiple liable parties and insurance companies. Lawyers guide you through paperwork, deadlines, and court procedures, reducing stress and improving your chances of a favorable outcome.
- Investigation and Evidence: Attorneys conduct thorough investigations, gathering evidence to strengthen your case. This includes obtaining accident reports, interviewing witnesses, and collaborating with experts if needed.
- Peace of Mind: By entrusting your case to a skilled attorney, you gain peace of mind, knowing that a professional is advocating for your rights, allowing you to focus on recovery.