If you have been seriously injured due to the negligence of another in a construction accident
, you should get in touch with a Texas Workers’ Compensation attorney
to determine if you have a claim worth pursuing. You may be able to collect compensation to pay for your medical bills and lost wages.
Serious Injuries Caused By Construction Accidents
Common construction injuries include:
- Broken bones or sprains from falls (from roofs, scaffolding, elevator shafts, etc.);
- electrical shocks/electrocution; and
- lacerations from defective tools and equipment (including hoists, conveyors, derricks, scrapers and tractors).
More serious injuries, such as paralysis and death also can occur, depending on the severity of the injury and accident. If you have suffered any serious type of injury that will leave you out of work, an attorney can help you prove your case by gathering the necessary paperwork.
Qualifying for Workers’ Comp in Texas
In order to qualify for Workers’ Comp in Texas, you must be able to prove the following:
- your company provides Workers’ Compensation coverage;
- you are an official employee of the company; and
- that you were injured on the job while being paid by your employer.
By hiring a Texas Workers’ Compensation attorney
from The Kahn Law Firm, you can ensure you meet all the qualifications required of filing for Texas Workers’ Compensation. An attorney can give you the best chance of success in filing a Texas Workers’ Compensation claim to recoup your medical costs and lost income.
For more information on Texas laws regarding Workers’ Comp in the event of a construction accident that leaves you impaired, call The Kahn Law Firm at 713-999-6549
or toll-free at 1-844-301-KAHN