After a serious car accident, injury claims might be the last thing on your mind, but it should be the first in order to facilitate the personal injury compensation you need and deserve if your accident was caused by another driver’s negligence. You should reach out to a Houston personal injury law firm and speak with an attorney who can help you begin the process of answering that age-old question: “ Who can I sue?”
What to Do After a Serious Car Accident
It can be difficult to remember all the important things that need to be done after a serious car accident. Save this list for easy reference in the event you suffer an automobile crash.
If you’ve been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, you and your family deserve justice and fair compensation for the cost of your injuries
- Always seek medical attention before worrying about anything else. EMT respondents will only stabilize you at the scene of the accident; you should always seek treatment from a hospital or your primary care physician after a crash. This will create a permanent record of your injuries. Request a copy of these records.
- Keep records of every vehicle repair estimate and copies of your pay stubs that demonstrate lost wages. These will be useful to your personal injury compensation attorney as he or she builds a profile of the financial impact you suffered as a result of the accident.
- Consult with several Houston personal injury law firms before you select one. When it comes to legal representation, one size does not fit all. Car accident injury claims attorneys often offer free consultations, so take advantage of those and shop around with a focus on finding the attorney with the right experience and background for your case.
- Never give a recorded statement to the insurance company – at least, not until after you’ve spoken with your lawyer.
- Never admit fault. Even saying “I’m sorry” will be misconstrued and used against you.
- Never guess or estimate. If you don’t know an exact time, exact speed, exact location, just say that you don’t know.
and any lost wages you suffered, as well as additional expenses incurred.
“ Who can I sue?” Contacting a Car Accident Injury Claims Attorney
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have a personal injury compensation attorney at the Houston personal injury law offices of The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 713-999-6549
or toll-free at 1-844-301-KAHN