We understand the devastation a Houston truck accident can inflict on injured victims as well as their family members. Our Texas truck accident attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights and hold negligent parties accountable.
Any accident involving a massive truck is likely to result in serious or fatal injuries. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a Houston truck accident, you should know that you have legal rights that should not be ignored. To preserve your rights, you should have the Texas truck accident attorneys at The Kahn Law Firm review your case.
We understand that the impact of truck accidents can be devastating to the injured as well as their families, and we are here to help. You owe it to yourself to have legal counsel fighting to hold all negligent parties accountable.
After You Have Been Involved in a Houston Truck Accident
There are several things you can do after a truck accident to boost your chances of having a successful personal injury claim, including:
- If you are capable, get the other driver's name and insurance information
- Take photos of damage to your vehicle and any visible injuries
- Seek emergency medical care if you have been injured, and follow up with your physician the next day. Even if you feel as if your injuries are minor, or if you don't feel injured at all, you should still be medically evaluated
- Ask your doctor for a work-restriction letter if you are incapable of returning to work
- Contact a Texas truck accident attorney as soon after the accident as possible
Meanwhile, you will be contacted by an insurance adjuster. Whether the adjuster is from your insurance company or the truck driver's insurance company, DO NOT give them a recorded statement without speaking with Texas truck accident attorneys first.
At The Kahn Law Firm, we offer a free consultation to all potential clients, so you have nothing to lose by discussing your Houston truck accident with us. You can count on our lawyers to give your case the attention it deserves.
- If we represent you, we will take the time and invest the necessary resources to build a solid claim. We'll probe whether the truck was loaded properly, whether the rig was overweight and whether the driver had valid credentials.
- We will take action immediately to preserve evidence, such as maintenance records, police reports and documentation indicating whether the truck driver broke any state or federal rules.
Truck accidents can be especially challenging due to federal regulations and other laws involved, in addition to serious injuries that typically result, such as organ damage, severe burns and amputations. A truck accident attorney at The Kahn Law Firm will be your best resource to help you get your life back in order.
Contacting a Houston Truck Accident Attorney
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have Texas truck accident attorneys at The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 713-226-9900 or toll-free at 1-844-301-KAHN.