Has a Houston car accident turned your life upside down? A Texas car accident lawyer from The Kahn Law Firm can help to put things right once again.
We at The Kahn Law Firm understand how a serious Houston car accident can leave you with debilitating injuries and turn your life upside down. We know the results could mean the loss of a loved one, the amputation of a limb or disfiguring scars. When you have become the victim of someone else's careless actions behind the wheel, you should schedule a consultation with a Texas car accident lawyer.
Our car accident lawyers have an excellent track record of helping clients achieve fair settlements and verdicts in cases of wrongful death and serious injury resulting from car accidents. Experience has shown that you should contact us as soon as possible because the sooner we can get started on your case, the better chance we'll have at a positive outcome.
When we have a head start, we can send our investigators out to canvass the accident scene, preserve evidence and reconstruct the accident to determine which party or parties were negligent. This puts us in a good position to negotiate a fair settlement or win a jury verdict.
What You Should Do After a Houston Car Accident
There are never any guarantees in personal injury claims, but you can boost your chances of fair compensation after being involved in an accident by doing the following, if capable:
- seek medical attention
- call the police
- call a Texas car accident lawyer
- cooperate with law enforcement and emergency personnel
- jot down the license plate numbers, insurance information and contact information of all parties involved in the accident
- get contact information from any eyewitnesses
- call your insurance company
- use the camera on your cell phone and take pictures of the accident scene from multiple angles, the surrounding area, all vehicles involved and any visible injuries
- avoid moving your vehicle unless necessary for safety reasons
- avoid additional injury by waiting in a traffic-free area
- stay at the scene until police give you the OK to leave
- avoid discussing fault -- don't apologize to anyone for the accident
After the wreckage has been cleared, you should write down what happened and how you were injured. It would be a good idea to keep a record of all conversations regarding the accident, especially any conversations with insurance companies, including your own insurer.
Texas Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
Car accidents that cause serious injury can leave you shaken up and vulnerable. You may be forced to take time off from work and lose much-needed income while medical bills pile up, and if you're the family breadwinner, your financial woes will be more pronounced.
With the help of a Texas car accident lawyer, you may be able to hold all negligent parties accountable for your accident and injuries. You could be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning potential, and pain and suffering.
You can always contact a personal injury lawyer at The Kahn Law Firm for a free consultation. When it comes to your health or financial future, you'll want to choose a lawyer who will deliver results. To consult with one of our car accident lawyers in the Houston area, contact us online or call The Kahn Law Firm at 713-226-9900 or 1-844-301-KAHN.