Car accidents where there is extensive property damage and/or bodily injury triggers an insurance adjuster to assess the claim. In Manvel, a Texas personal injury claim is best handled by a lawyer skilled in dealing with insurance companies since there are many ways a claim can be wrecked.
5 Tips for Dealing With an Insurance Adjuster
Even if you hire a lawyer, you probably will have several conversations with the insurance adjuster. Below is a list of tips to help keep you and your claim protected.
- Be nice. After dealing with irate claimants, an insurance adjuster is sure to make note of a polite and considerate conversation that could benefit you in the long run.
- Be confident. Asserting your confidence and willingness to see this claim through until your best interests are satisfied is important to convey. Show the adjuster you are in charge and have the stamina to do what needs to be done to get a fair and full settlement.
- Stay organized. By having all the relevant documentation, like medical bills and repair estimates, you will be sending a clear message that you are on top of your claim and expect to have an adequate amount of compensation that will help you stay financially afloat.
- Have proper and complete documentation. Be sure you have documentation showing proof of liability and proof of damages. This is imperative in negotiating a settlement.
- Get medical reports from a licensed medical doctor (M.D.). A report by a licensed physician most likely will not be disputed, compared to someone who is not. Even if you prefer seeing a chiropractor or physical therapist, get an M.D. to verify your medical condition and treatment.
Remember, if your case deals with heavy accident costs and severe injuries, you should always consider discussing your case with a personal injury lawyer before agreeing to anything an insurance adjuster presents.
Injured in Manvel? Contact a Lawyer
A Texas personal injury claim can be complex and confusing. A lawyer experienced in dealing with insurance adjusters and car accidents is worth consulting.
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have a Texas personal injury attorney at The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 713-226-9900 or toll-free at 1-844-301-KAHN.