Texas Construction Accidents: Filing Workers' Compensation with a Houston Injury Lawyer (Part B)

Qualifying for Texas Workers' Compensation after Construction Accidents

There are many qualifications you must meet in order to qualify for Workers' Comp, which is why it is highly recommended to have a Houston injury lawyer to help you through the complex system. 

First, your employer must carry the insurance option, and you must be able to be proven as an employee of that company, by definition of the law, when the accident occurred. Second, you must report your injury to your employer within 30 days of the injury, and third, you must file a DWC Form-041, an Employee’s Claim for Compensation for a Work-related Injury or Occupational Disease. 

The best way to determine if you qualify for Workers' Comp is to contact a qualified lawyer. An attorney has the ability to examine all aspects of your case, employment and injury in the effort to pursue benefits. 

Filing for Texas Workers' Compensation with a Houston Injury Lawyer 

If you were injured while working, such as in construction accidents, the next step is to get an attorney on your side. An attorney not only can ensure you are qualified and eligible to file a Workers' Compensation claim, but he or she also can give you the best possible chance at receiving the maximum compensation for your case. 

If you have been injured in a work-related accident, contact a lawyer at The Kahn Law Firm today to learn about your legal rights. You may be eligible for compensation to help recoup your medical costs and lost wages. Call 1-713-226-9900 or 1-844-301-KAHN today to learn more.