These questions are essential so that the goals, expectations, and concerns between you and your attorney are expressed, understood, and agreed to upfront before formal drug injury representation begins.
Drug Injury Representation: Preparing for the Initial Consultation
The 6 questions that are geared toward assessing the strength of your case.
- What are the possible outcomes and what is the most probable outcome?
- Will there be alternatives in resolving the matter, including a settlement?
- Approximately how long will it take to resolve this matter?
- Is mediation or arbitration an option in my case?
- What do you think your approach will be with case – go all the way to trial or reach an early settlement?
- What papers, records, and witnesses do you need from me to determine the strength of my case?
During the initial consultation, you can also expect the drug injury lawyer to ask you a series of questions to better assess your Texas dangerous drug claim. You should be prepared to answer these questions as honestly and frankly as possible.
Don’t be surprised if the attorney stops you often and asks for clarification on different matters relating to your claim. These questions are designed to clarify confusing points and to sort out what is legally relevant from what is only anecdotally interesting. Many of the questions will be open-ended to give you the greatest opportunity to tell your drug injury story in your own words.
Remember that the initial consultation between you and the lawyer sets the stage for the future drug injury representation. Therefore, it's important that you feel comfortable with the attorney you choose.
Contacting a Texas Dangerous Drug Claim Attorney
Once you have decided that you do need a lawyer to handle a Texas dangerous drug claim and you have your series of questions in hand, contact the Kahn Law Firm at 713-226-9900 or toll-free 1-844-301-KAHN for a free consultation. We are prepared today to answer each one of your questions to your full satisfaction. Before you come in, feel free to peruse our 2 free eBooks, The 7 Biggest Mistakes that Can Wreck Your Texas Injury Case and The 10 Common Mistakes People Make When Charged with a Crime... and How to Avoid Them.