If you’re wondering how to hire a lawyer, you should get referrals from people whose opinion you trust and take advantage of the free consultations many lawyers offer. Interview a few potential lawyers and then pick someone who you believe will keep your best interests in mind.
Tips for Speaking with an Insurance Adjuster
- Give limited information, such as your name, address and phone number. There’s no need to discuss your work, income or family situation.
- Don’t discuss accident details with the other party's insurance adjuster, and don’t agree to give a recorded statement. Whether you’re obligated to discuss the details with your own insurer depends on the fine print in your policy. This is why it’s a good idea to first speak with a Houston, Texas personal injury lawyer.
- Don’t identify witnesses for the insurance adjuster. If there were witnesses, give their contact information to your attorney.
- Don’t discuss the details of your injuries and avoid any statements such as, "I’m feeling OK," which could be used against you to downplay your injuries. Since your injuries could be worse than you thought, it’s best to wait until you have a definitive diagnosis and plan of care.
- Don’t sign anything that your lawyer hasn’t reviewed and approved.
Once you’ve gotten past the predicament of how to hire a lawyer, you can have good legal counsel on your side to stand up to insurance adjusters and help you receive full compensation in your car accident claim.
Contact a Houston, Texas Personal Injury Lawyer
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled in your car accident claim, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have a lawyer at The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 1-713-226-9900 or toll free 1-844-301-KAHN.