- Not seeking immediate medical attention. This may complicate proving your injury is accident-related.
- Not getting information from other drivers. You need to get names, driver’s license numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, license plates, makes and models of the cars, and insurance identifications.
- Not calling law enforcement. An accident report will document the accident scene, witness statements and on-the-spot interviews with the individuals involved.
- Not contacting Texas injury attorneys before talking to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. You are not required to provide a statement or sign consent forms for the other driver's insurance company. This information may undermine your car accident claim. You should consult with a Houston personal injury law firm for advice first.
- Not going to follow-up doctor appointments or taking medical advice. This is important for your health and well-being, but insurance companies may cite your lack of follow-through as a sign of a false claim. Insurers may argue your injury has worsened because of your lack of self-care.
- Not sharing past accidents, injuries or medical conditions; current activity level; and honest effects of the injury to doctors or attorneys. Understand that insurance companies will investigate. If you fail to disclose any of this information to doctors or your Texas injury attorneys, your claim and compensation may be reduced or denied.
- Not documenting your injuries. Take photographs and video recordings of the injury and its resulting effects. Also keep a detailed journal, citing your pain and how it affects your daily activities.
Contacting a Houston Personal Injury Attorney
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have a Houston personal injury lawyer at The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 1-713-226-9900 or toll-free 1-844-301-KAHN.