10 common prescription drugs often cited in dangerous drug claims include:
- Beta blockers – serious side effects have been reported, including compromised cardiac function and elevated blood lipids, among others.
- Arthritis drugs - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) may cause stomach upset, gastrointestinal bleeding and kidney and liver damage.
- Diabetes drugs – injuries associated with hypoglycemia, fatigue and liver damage have been found in some individuals.
- Pain killers – a slow heart rate and restricted breathing may result and cause serious medical consequences. If mixed with alcohol, results may be even more exaggerated.
- ADD/ADHD medications – severe psychological dependency is common, along with anxiety, insomnia and hostility.
- Prozac - a condition known as akathisia, where constant agitation is experienced, has occurred and been reported in conjunction with suicidal thoughts, hostility and violent behavior.
- Blood thinners – severe bleeding may result from a minor cut or scratch, and death may result because of the excessive blood loss.
- Cholesterol reducing statins - prolonged use of statin medication can produce side effects such as liver toxicity, muscle inflammation and cataracts.
- Chemotherapy drugs – risks associated with extended use includes liver and/or kidney toxicity, lung disease, a suppressed immune system, fetal death and congenital abnormalities.
- Prednisone - health disorders such as hypertension, osteoporosis, peptic ulcers, diabetes, cataracts and intestinal bleeding have been associated with extended use.
If you or a loved one has been adversely affected by one of these or another medication, contact a qualified drug injury lawyer. A Manvel lawyer familiar with dangerous drugs and their respective claims can assess your case and provide legal guidance on your next steps.
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have a Texas personal injury attorney at The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 1-713-226-9900 or toll free 1-844-301-KAHN.