Answering All of Your Texas Personal Injury, DWI, Criminal Defense and Business Law Questions
Do you have questions? Let us help you get the answers
Select a category below to find answers to your questions now. If you have any other questions not answered below, call The Kahn Law Firm today for a free, confidential consultation. Our Texas injury lawyers will review your case and advise you on how to proceed. When it comes to your health and financial future, you'll want to choose a lawyer who will deliver results. To consult with one of our lawyers in Houston, call The Kahn Law Firm at 1-713-226-9900 or 1-844-301-KAHN.
- Page 1
What are some of the drugs most commonly involved in Texas dangerous drug claims?
Although most prescription medicines provide patients with beneficial and life-saving treatments, there are some drugs that can have serious side effects that can lead to personal injury claims.
Some users of these drugs have successfully filed claims against the drug maker and received personal injury compensation on account of the harm caused.
For help with your claim, consult with Texas drug injury lawyers.
5 Common Prescription Medications that May Turn Dangerous
Many dangerous medications belong to classes of drugs, listed below, that are prescribed to millions of people every year.
Antidepressant drugs – these medications are prescribed to regulate and balance levels of serotonin in the brain. When reactions to these drugs go awry, patients can have dangerous suicidal thoughts, hostility and violent behavior. After tragic and irreversible events have occurred, the only course left has been for remaining family members to contact drug injury lawyers.
Statins for cholesterol reduction – statins represent a class of drugs used to lower cholesterol levels. Prolonged use of statin medication can produce side effects such as liver toxicity, muscle inflammation and cataracts.
Narcotic analgesics (painkillers) – painkillers, such as OxyContin and Percocet, can cause potentially life-threatening situations requiring the services of a drug injury attorney.
Beta blockers – beta-adrenergic blocking agents or beta blockers are prescribed to reduce rapid heart rates and blood pressure. Serious side effects have developed, causing loss of libido and even impotence, elevated blood lipids, and cardiac impairment.
Diabetes drugs – as a means to control type 2 diabetes, drugs such as Glucotrol are taken by millions of individuals each year to regulate blood sugar levels. Serious side effects that may be become the subject of personal injury claims include hypoglycemia, fatigue and liver damage.
Contacting Drug Injury Lawyers in Texas
Understanding the implications of when a prescription medication turns dangerous requires a knowledgeable and competent drug injury attorney who can step in to help you receive personal injury compensation. Before you even meet with an attorney, check out our free eBook: The 7 Biggest Mistakes that Can Wreck Your Texas Injury Case. For further information contact the Kahn Law Firm for a free confidential consultation to discuss your claim in Texas at 713-226-9900 or toll-free 1-844-301-KAHN.
What are the most common drugs that are a subject of a dangerous drug claim?
Manvel lawyers will tell you that dangerous drugs and their associated claims run the gamut on the types of medications causing injury to their clients.
10 common prescription drugs often cited in dangerous drug claims include:
- Beta blockers – serious side effects have been reported, including compromised cardiac function and elevated blood lipids, among others.
- Arthritis drugs - non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) may cause stomach upset, gastrointestinal bleeding and kidney and liver damage.
- Diabetes drugs – injuries associated with hypoglycemia, fatigue and liver damage have been found in some individuals.
- Pain killers – a slow heart rate and restricted breathing may result and cause serious medical consequences. If mixed with alcohol, results may be even more exaggerated.
- ADD/ADHD medications – severe psychological dependency is common, along with anxiety, insomnia and hostility.
- Prozac - a condition known as akathisia, where constant agitation is experienced, has occurred and been reported in conjunction with suicidal thoughts, hostility and violent behavior.
- Blood thinners – severe bleeding may result from a minor cut or scratch, and death may result because of the excessive blood loss.
- Cholesterol reducing statins - prolonged use of statin medication can produce side effects such as liver toxicity, muscle inflammation and cataracts.
- Chemotherapy drugs – risks associated with extended use includes liver and/or kidney toxicity, lung disease, a suppressed immune system, fetal death and congenital abnormalities.
- Prednisone - health disorders such as hypertension, osteoporosis, peptic ulcers, diabetes, cataracts and intestinal bleeding have been associated with extended use.
If you or a loved one has been adversely affected by one of these or another medication, contact a qualified drug injury lawyer. A Manvel lawyer familiar with dangerous drugs and their respective claims can assess your case and provide legal guidance on your next steps.
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have a Texas personal injury attorney at The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 1-713-226-9900 or toll free 1-844-301-KAHN.