Answering All of Your Texas Personal Injury, DWI, Criminal Defense and Business Law Questions
Do you have questions? Let us help you get the answers
Select a category below to find answers to your questions now. If you have any other questions not answered below, call The Kahn Law Firm today for a free, confidential consultation. Our Texas injury lawyers will review your case and advise you on how to proceed. When it comes to your health and financial future, you'll want to choose a lawyer who will deliver results. To consult with one of our lawyers in the Houston area, call The Kahn Law Firm at 713-226-9900 or 1-844-301-KAHN.
- Page 2
What should I be aware of that could harm my Texas car accident injury claim?
There are 7 common mistakes people make that could harm a Houston car accident injury claim.
- Not seeking immediate medical attention. This may complicate proving your injury is accident-related.
- Not getting information from other drivers. You need to get names, driver’s license numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, license plates, makes and models of the cars, and insurance identifications.
- Not calling law enforcement. An accident report will document the accident scene, witness statements and on-the-spot interviews with the individuals involved.
- Not contacting Texas injury attorneys before talking to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. You are not required to provide a statement or sign consent forms for the other driver's insurance company. This information may undermine your car accident claim. You should consult with a Houston personal injury law firm for advice first.
- Not going to follow-up doctor appointments or taking medical advice. This is important for your health and well-being, but insurance companies may cite your lack of follow-through as a sign of a false claim. Insurers may argue your injury has worsened because of your lack of self-care.
- Not sharing past accidents, injuries or medical conditions; current activity level; and honest effects of the injury to doctors or attorneys. Understand that insurance companies will investigate. If you fail to disclose any of this information to doctors or your Texas injury attorneys, your claim and compensation may be reduced or denied.
- Not documenting your injuries. Take photographs and video recordings of the injury and its resulting effects. Also keep a detailed journal, citing your pain and how it affects your daily activities.
Contacting a Houston Personal Injury Attorney
When you have experienced legal representation on your side, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have a Houston personal injury lawyer at The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 1-713-226-9900 or toll-free 1-844-301-KAHN.
What is the first thing I should do if I am involved in a car accident?
After a car accident causes serious injuries, it's important that you stay at the scene. The first thing you should do is call 911 for police and paramedics. If the accident was caused by someone else's negligence, you may be wondering, "should I get a lawyer?"
If injuries are minor and property damage is minimal, you may settle a claim on your own. However, if injuries are severe, you may benefit by having a Houston lawyer help you seek compensation that adequately addresses your needs.
What to Do after a Car Accident: Protecting Your Rights
In addition to getting medical care after a car accident, you should keep all follow-up appointments and obey your doctor's orders. Other steps you should take after being involved in a car accident include:
- getting contact information from witnesses - ask for phone numbers, email addresses, snail mail addresses, and what they saw and provide this information to your attorney;
- taking photos of the accident scene, damaged vehicles, and any visible injuries;
- keeping track of medical treatment by gathering all of your medical bills and keeping them together in a large envelope. Make sure you include bills for any medical devices or prescription medication; and
- staying on high alert if you are offered an early settlement. Any settlement offer should be reviewed by your lawyer. It's common for insurance companies to offer a low first settlement in the hopes that you will accept it and go away.
Contact a Houston Lawyer
When you have experienced legal representation on your side and when you know what to do after a car accident, you can rest assured that your attorney will fight for all compensation to which you may be entitled, including past, current and future medical expenses; pain and suffering; lost earnings or earning potential; or wrongful death benefits.
While you focus on your recovery and emotional wellbeing, you should have a lawyer at The Kahn Law Firm advocating for your rights. Contact us today – 1-713-226-9900 or toll free 1-844-301-KAHN.